Chronic pain isn’t an easy condition to handle, but you can take control. Simple
changes in your lifestyle, diet, and exercise routines can help ease your pain.
Try these techniques to experience relief:
1. Manage stress. Stress can increase chronic pain and make it more difficult to
manage. Try a variety of strategies to relax and reduce stress to see which ones
work the best for you.
Take some time to get out in the sun, just getting fresh air will give some relief.
Yoga and meditation are stress-reduction strategies that can help.
2. Try breathing exercises. By simply focusing on your breathing, you can relax your
muscles and reduce pain. Deep breathing exercises can also reduce blood
pressure, eliminate stress, and decrease the heart rate.
3. Find fun distractions. Instead of concentrating on the pain, try distractions that
help you forget about it.
Hobbies and activities such as watching your favorite movie or reading a new book can help. You may also want to try drawing or other ideas that help you fill your time and avoid thinking about the pain.
4. Increase your water intake. Dehydration can make chronic pain worse.
5. Avoid inflammatory food. Fast food and processed food can increase inflammation in your body, so your chronic pain also increases. Foods with a lot of sugar and salt also contribute to inflammation and increased pain.
6. Add more anti-inflammatory food. On the other hand, nuts, leafy greens, fatty
fish, berries, and other items can help you fight inflammation and reduce pain.
They have antioxidants that fight damage on the cellular level.
7. Focus on posture. Posture can help reduce the stress on your back and cut
down on chronic pain.
Consider the way you sit and stand. Experts recommend that you avoid slumping your shoulders and lowering your head. The spine should be straight, so circulation is better.
8. Try massage. Massages can reduce chronic pain by improving circulation and
Massages help reduce back, shoulder, and neck pain. They can also help your overall health.
Even if you take medication for your pain, you can further reduce it with these
Give some of these a try- all you have to lose is the pain. Reduce stress and inflammation, and find support, and you’ll feel the pain relief you’ve been seeking.
Support is the secret sauce to success. You don't have to go it alone.
Support, Plan, Succeed!