If you made a New Year’s resolution, congratulations! While you may be feeling confident about your health goals today,
I want to make sure you stay confident…
Stick to your resolutions…
And make 2022 the year you take back your health for good.
These 7 tips can help you crush your New Year's resolution:
1. Pick one item at a time. Take your time and focus on your most important goal at the moment.
● It’s easy to get overwhelmed when you have many things to do at the same time, so prioritize one goal
2. Make your goal specific. You’re more likely to achieve your resolution if you know what it is. Identify specific behaviors and activities you will do to fulfill the dream, which can be as simple as reading more books or making time for exercise each day.
● Include a timeline for completion and the steps necessary to reach the goal. Write down the steps toward the resolution and plan out how you're going to get there. Plan week by week. *Don't spend all your time planning, trying to make it perfect. Give yourself grace, you are taking to the steps to enhance your life.
3. Start small. For example, if you want to walk 30 minutes each day, start by walking 10 minutes once a day and gradually build up over time.
4. Avoid expecting too much too quickly. You might feel tempted to make a resolution that requires you to reach a certain level of physical fitness right away, but it's a good idea to set realistic expectations.
5. Get a partner to keep you accountable. Tell your partner that you're making a plan to stick with your resolution and ask them to hold you responsible by checking in with you regularly. After all, "we are better together".
6. Celebrate yourself. Celebrations are an effective way to boost your morale. You might give yourself a little break once you've reached your resolution, or you can reward yourself with a small gift when you complete the first step in your goal.
7. Express gratitude for completing tasks, even little ones. Appreciate all the little things along the way. If you reach a milestone in getting your resolution done, express how happy you are about that achievement.
● Write down how much you enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and gratitude for doing something good for yourself.
Remember every step towards your goal is A VICTORY.