Do you have any idea how much time you waste every day? Probably not! - Me either.
It’s amazing how many things we do that are time-wasters. They may feel like standard parts of our day, but they cost us our most precious resource: our time.
We only have so many seconds, minutes, and hours in our day, so it’s up to us to make the most of them.
Here are the Top Time Wasters.
Surfing the Internet – It’s amazing how much time can be wasted down an internet rabbit hole.
Waiting for Change or Success – Nothing ever gets accomplished by waiting around
Watching bad TV and movies – Just because you’re tired or bored in the evening, that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to waste your time in front of your television
Procrastinating – Procrastinating, or putting things off until later, achieves nothing and helps no one.
Worrying – Nothing gets accomplished by worrying, yet it’s amazing how much time people can spend fretting about the past, future, or present.
These are some of the biggest time-wasters in your life! Now that you know to recognize them, it’s up to you to make the change.
Shocked!? Me too. I am shocked at how much of my day is spent on these Time Wasters. The great thing - is today is a new day! Join me and give the 7 tips below a try.
7 Tips to Make the Most of Your Time
1. Do things consciously. Make every action a conscious choice, knowing what it will cost you.
2. Track your time. Whatever you’re doing—work, play, recreation, hobbies, or relaxing—measure the time spent on those activities so you can keep it all in balance.
3. Put aside distractions. Turn off your TV, put away your phone, and disconnect from that web browser that might be sapping your time and attention.
4. Use your downtime more wisely. Not to add another project or list. Downtime is time to unplug & relax.
5. Focus on one thing at a time. Multi-tasking leads to problems with attention, easier distractibility, and greater mental drain.
6. Finish projects before moving on. You may be surprised by how many “nearly finished” projects you have just piling up.
7. Say no. You don’t have to be everything to everyone. Learn to prioritize yourself and your time.
After all, you are just as precious as the time we have.
I hope this information was useful to you.